Join us in helping to raise funds in support of Emmanual Health Education's continuous efforts to provide public awareness about prostate cancer incidence and mortality rates; especially among African American men in Edgecombe County, North Carolina and beyond. In addition, your contributions support scientific research to improve diagnosis and treatment outcomes that will enhance best practices for developing sustainable education programs, and establish prostate cancer survivor support groups for men and their families.
- All riders will be required to follow the rules of the road and current covid 19 practices while riding this event.
- Ride: Choose from 10, 20, 40, 60 and 75 mile supported routes, wheels down at 8am sharp!
- Walk/Run: The event will include untimed 1 & 5k walk/run
- This event is fully supported by the Edgecombe County Sheriff Office
- The 20 mile has two rest stops stocked with health food and plenty of hydrating fluids
- The 40 has four rest stops stocked with health food and plenty of hydrating fluids
- The 60 and 75 mile rides have five rest stops stocked with health food and plenty of hydrating fluids
- Each route will be fully supported by the Edgecombe County Sheriff Office for any traffic control at stop lights, road crossings and rest stops.
- For the safety precautions along each route at each turn, stop light or road crossing there will be white signs with blue arrows to direct riders as needed.There will be ample road directional signage available to include prostate cancer educational tidbits
- Volunteers will be stationed at each rest stop along each route with radios to communicate with the Sheriff's Office, Event Command Center, SAG or Emergency-911 as needed.
What Your Fee Includes:
- Route support, route cue sheets, riders bibb, Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles
- Each registered participant will recieve continental breakfast and celebration post ride meal
- Manned rest stops equipped with food and nutritional beverages
- Free Tee shirt if pre-registration is complete by May 31 ,2023 until supplie last
- Ride with GPS information will be emailed once registration is confirmed
Meet & Greet Advanced Packet Pickup:
Those arriving on Friday please join us for an opportunity to meet-greet and fellowship with other cyclist. Light snacks and beverages will be served
- Date/Time June 23rd 5pm-9pm
- Location: The Vino Market 243 Washington St Nashville, NC 27853
Your participant packet contains important items including your participant number, timing chip, event details and sponsor giveaways.
Precision Race will be providing timing and results as well as both start/finish line crossing photos for all cyclists which will be found as they become available at the event website - https://EHEProstateCancerRide.itsyourrace.com/. To facilitate this, every cyclist will receive their participant number in three forms in their registration packet.
- The first is a numbered bib to be pinned to the back of the cyclist's jersey so it is visible from behind.
- The second is an adhesive-backed numbered sticker to be placed on the front of the helmet so it is visible from the front.
- The third is an adhesive backed t-shaped timing chip to be placed on the top of the helmet as shown. The chip should be positioned at the crown of the helmet (lined up with your ears) with the "tail" toward the back. The chip's adhesive tabs are placed down into the helmet vents.
Routes & start times (preliminary - subject to change):
75-mile starts any time beginning at 8:00am
60-mile starts any time beginning at 8:10am
40-mile starts any time beginning at 8:15am
20-mile starts any time beginning at 8:20am
10-mile starts any time beginning at 8:25am
*GPS files and cue sheets will be available soon
If you decide that you will ride a distance different than the one you registered for, let us know at packet pickup before you line up.
Homewood Suites is the host hotel located 231 Gateway Blvd. Rocky Mount, N.C. 27804
Reservations, by attendees, must be made on or before Friday 14 April 2023. The Reservations received after the Friday 14 April 2023 will be accepted on a “space availability basis” at the current advertised rate.
How To Book A Room With A Group Code.
- Access Hilton.com once at the website you will type in Rock Mount NC, arrival and departure dates, then click on special rates
- Go down to special rates and put in your group code (EHE).
- Click find a hotel
- You will scroll down to Homewood Suites by Hilton and you should see group negotiated rate. Click view rates
- Then you select room from there and contd. your reservation.
Road Cycling Safety:
- Wear a helmet to reduce the risk of head injuries, padded bike shorts for comfort, a cycle jersey or sweat wicking shirt, and cycling shoes or sneakers (no open toed shoes)
- Drink plenty of water and/or electrolyte drinks, avoid soft drinks or drinks with lots of sugar
- Eat nutritious snacks but avoid nuts and other high protein snacks
- Check tire pressure, seat height, brakes, and lights before you head out
- Share the road by staying to the right and ride single file (you may ride up to two-abreast when traffic allows)
- Always communicate with others around you:
- When passing another cyclist, pass only on the left and announce “on your left”
- When riding in a group and there is a slower cyclist or runner ahead announce “biker up” to alert cyclists behind you
- When riding in a group and there is a road hazard (roadkill, potholes, gravel, etc.) announce "pothole" or "gravel" and point to it to alert cyclists behind you
- When a riding in a group and there is a faster car or cyclist coming up from behind announce "car back" or “biker back” to alert cyclists ahead of you
If you need medical attention notify the nearest staff member, volunteer or SAG personnel; they can assist with dispatching rescue help as needed. If you are unable to reach one of these personnel quickly or easily, please follow this protocol:
Call 911 (true medical emergency) or (252) 366-2489/ (301) 256-6841(Emmanual Health Education, Inc.) to request SAG vehicle support for minor health or mechanical problems. The telephone number is printed on the cyclist's numbered bib for convenience. Please be advised that SAG vehicle support may require a wait.